Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown

While blog-hopping recently, I was inspired to make a list of things that I am thankful for. One entry for each day from now until Thanksgiving. Let's face it, my posts have been a little lack-lustre lately. I also love how this fits so perfectly with the passage we were studying last week in women's Bible study: "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS." Colossians 2:6-7

So, here's a little overflow from my heart. Join me if you would like. I think it will be a blessing.

DAY ONE:


I am so very thankful for the godly heritage that I have - parents and grandparents who sincerely love the Lord and have devoted their lives to serve Him. I have seen their sacrifice. I have benefited from their personal Bible study and teaching. I have watched them rejoice through trials. I have felt God's answers to their prayers on my behalf. They have been wonderful examples to me of men and women of faith. My prayer is that this legacy will continue to be passed on to my children, BY GOD'S GRACE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally stealing this idea! Hope that's ok...

toni said...

Very cool! I started doing the same thing on facebook on Veteran's day :D