Saturday, November 15, 2008

Days 4 and 5

Day 4

"Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold."

I am so thankful for the friendships that God has blessed me with over the course of my lifetime. Having moved SO MUCH, it was always a very difficult thing for me to say goodbye to close friends knowing that we would probably never see each other again. Yet, at each new place, there were new "kindred spirits" to be met. It has been neat to see how God has provided just the right people at different times in my life: childhood friends (Florence, Mandy), the junior high years (Helena, Alison), high-school (Colleen, Andrea, Raquel), college (Susanna, Sarah), early marriage (Janella), teaching buddies (Kayce, Julie, Lynn, Kelli, Tiffany), and now in Idaho (Kelly, Julie, Shawna). The list could go on. I appreciate the laughter and tears that I have shared with each of these precious friends!

Day 5

Although it was hard to make and leave friends around the world, I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to travel so much and see so many different cultures. Being an MK (missionary kid) allowed me to grow up along the coast of Brazil, visit an Indian village in the Amazon, live in JERUSALEM (yes, Israel!), climb to the Parthenon in Athens, backpack around Switzerland and see much of the U.S. while on furlough. How cool is that for the first 18 years of life?!

No comments: