As moms, you and I can see our lives like this: Every day we get upThis was a good mental image for me this morning. I needed some "fresh ink." The rest of the book goes on to give practical ways to stamp different images on our kids...the image of loving God's Word, the image of a noble life purpose, the image of perseverance, the image of emotional health, etc. Thanks for the book, Dad!
and get our little ink pads out, put fresh ink on our stamps, and get ready
to imprint our children - and not just them, but also our husbands and lots
of other people we see daily. We have the opportunity to stamp images
that will be reminders to them of God's goodness, faithfulness, and
love. When we do this, we become mentoring moms.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Stamp It Up!
No, I'm not an avid stamper. In fact, the only stamps that I have are left over from my elementary teaching days. But this morning I started reading a book that my dad gave me for my birthday called The Mentoring Mom by Jackie Kendall. The second paragraph of the book gave me new motivation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment