May 23, 1998
Today is another celebration! This time we're celebrating 10 years of marriage. (By the way, if you have an aversion to "romantic mush" then you should quit reading right now.) I am so thankful for the wonderful husband that God has given to me. Here are my top ten favorite qualities about him:
- Honesty: I never have to doubt his words.
- Humility: He doesn't have an arrogant cell in his body.
- Loyalty/Faithfulness: To his family both past and present.
- Diligence: He always does a job to the extreme!
- Endurance/Perseverance: He doesn't quit...even during difficult circumstances.
- Self-Control: He knows his limits and sets a very high standard for himself.
- Gentleness: I never have to worry about his temper, he even argues with gentleness.
- Seriousness: Although others fault him for it, I appreciate that he isn't a goof-ball all the time.
- Integrity: He keeps his word ... but more importantly, he strives to keep God's Word.
- Unconditional Love: I know that he is always willing to forgive and forget.
Okay...now I'm all weepy, so let's move on. It's hard to believe that it has already been 10 years since Marc and I made our vows to one another in front of our friends and family...and it happened at Meridian First Baptist Church. (Funny how God has brought things full circle back to this spot!) So much has happened over these 10 years. We are blessed to have enjoyed some wonderful experiences together. Here's a recap of some of our favorite memories together:
- Camping trips in Morro Bay, Glacier National Park, Redfish Lake, etc.
- Many, many, many Dodger games in L.A.!
- Kayaking with the seals in Carpinteria, CA.
- Watching pro-beach volleyball tournaments.
- Fishing at our favorite spot at Stanley Lake.
- Trip to Texas: San Antonio and the bats at the bridge in Austin.
- Hiking around the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
- Visiting "Alligator Alley" and Key West in Florida.
- Whale watching trip in Laguna Beach.
- And, of course, becoming "Mommy" and "Daddy" to Sierra Elise and Ally Grace. (I could go on and on about what a great dad he is, but I'll save that for Father's Day.)
It's been a wonderful life so far...here's to the next 10!
I love you, Marc!!!

1 comment:
That was so sweet Serena! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment