Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pray for Reese

I just read a sad update from some of our college friends in California. Last October, Todd and Ashley Kostjuk welcomed their third child into the world - sweet Reese Renee. They knew ahead of time that her life would be difficult and full of physical trials. She has spent every day of her life in the hospital and has undergone several difficult surgeries and procedures. Todd and Ashley have maintained an incredible testimony through all of this. A few weeks ago they were receiving training and hopeful that they would be able to bring Reese home. Sadly, things have taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of days. Reese is battling an infection that is threatening to take her life. You can read more about it here. Please pray for Reese's comfort and for divine wisdom and strength for the family as they make difficult decisions in the coming days. I'm sure that Todd and Ashley would appreciate knowing that they have your support in prayer.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

For some reason I clicked on their names on your sidebar a couple months ago and read about their family a little bit. It's heartbreaking to read what they've been through in the last year. Their kids are just about the same age as my boys so it hits home a little closer. And their oldest son's middle name is Garrett - weird. Anyway, I will be praying! Thanks for sharing this!