Last Saturday, my friend Kelly co-hosted a Sewing Bee for several girls my age. (We're still "girls" right?! Women just doesn't sound right. Anyway...) The whole afternoon was terrific! Everyone brought delicious appetizers to share and there were cute door prizes for each of us. There were three projects to choose from, complete with illustrated directions and a plethora of materials to chose from. I chose to make the small table runner...the least threatening of the three projects. Mind you, I was banned from my mom's sewing machine as a young girl because I always jammed it up. (At least, that's the way I remember it.) I didn't even know how to "thread a bobbin" until last week. Susie came with me and we had a hilarious time trying to figure things out. I was quite proud of my accomplishment that afternoon and now am excited to try something else!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I Can Sew!
Last Saturday, my friend Kelly co-hosted a Sewing Bee for several girls my age. (We're still "girls" right?! Women just doesn't sound right. Anyway...) The whole afternoon was terrific! Everyone brought delicious appetizers to share and there were cute door prizes for each of us. There were three projects to choose from, complete with illustrated directions and a plethora of materials to chose from. I chose to make the small table runner...the least threatening of the three projects. Mind you, I was banned from my mom's sewing machine as a young girl because I always jammed it up. (At least, that's the way I remember it.) I didn't even know how to "thread a bobbin" until last week. Susie came with me and we had a hilarious time trying to figure things out. I was quite proud of my accomplishment that afternoon and now am excited to try something else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you two came! It was fun & you and Susie were so hilarious! Your runner turned out cute too! We're planning another one soon!
Hey, great job!! Good for you giving sewing a try again :)
Post a Comment