Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life With Little Girls

Some days the demands of potty-training, laundry, sticky floors, endless bickering and interrupted sleep get the best of me. Other days, I just have to laugh and take a minute to write down the funny things that were done or said. Here are a few:
  1. I finally got around to hanging some pictures on the walls of our house last week. After months of staring at blank walls, I could tell that Sierra was concerned. I asked her what was wrong. She gave me her honest answer, "Mom, you're just junkin' up the house."
  2. Sierra often approaches the dinner table with skepticism. When she saw that I had made chicken and broccoli divan she immediately turned up her nose. Ally, on the other hand, perked up as soon as she smelled the curry. Pointing to the little green things on her plate, Ally said, "What 'dis, Mom?" "It's broccoli," I replied. With a sweet smile on her face she said, "MMMM...tank you, Mommy, for da brocci." How many 2 year olds do you know that are grateful for broccoli?!
  3. Both Sierra and Ally like to make silly faces at each other to see who can make the other one laugh the hardest. After several minutes of side-splitting laughter, Sierra said, "That was so funny that it made me heart go all the way up to my head." I know the feeling!
  4. Before the girls fall asleep at night, I usually pray, tell them a story and sing a few songs. A couple of nights ago Ally sat up in bed and said, "Here you go, Mommy." I thought that maybe I had forgotten to take out her hair clip or maybe she was going to give me a big kiss. Instead, she handed me a slimy booger that she had just picked out of her nose. ICK!
So maybe that's not all that funny to you...but it's what makes staying home with two little girls SOOOO VERY WORTH IT to me. I love being with them from the minute they wake up with their horrible dragon-breath in the morning until they can barely keep their eyes open for the last bedtime story.


Potty Training 101.


Ally gives herself a thumbs-up for the tower they built.

Art in the Park


Still a princess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is so precious!! Love the things that come out of their mouths at these ages! (not their noses so much....)

Ryan, Kelli, Kiana and Madison Gleeson said...

Hi Mousers---it's The Gleeson's! I got to your blog from --well, I can't remember actually. Your girls are TOO cute. We have two girls almost the same ages...! FUn isn't it....! How does Mark like living with 3 women? It's fun to see your family. We have a blog too, you can check it out if you want...

www.socalgleesons.com
passwords:
socalgleesons
familyfun

Our e-mail address is ksgleeson@sbcglobal.net

Take care----fun to see your family!

Kelly said...

Your girls are so cute! I love that they're becoming friends with my boys.

toni said...

You write the greatest stuff! It SO reminds me of two other girls I know :) I love the booger on the finger sharing, mine wiped theirs on the wall...I know where they got that... After we got married, I told Ron to "just throw your boogers on the floor"--haha! Where's the kleenex when you need it?!