Friday, May 24, 2013

School's Out!

We did it.  First grade and third grade are officially in the books.  The girls are bursting with excitement and I am so proud of them.  We finished EVERYTHING that we set out to accomplish this year:

Saxon Math - CHECK
Language Lessons for the Well Trained Mind - CHECK
Horizons Spelling & Vocabulary - CHECK
MCP Phonics - CHECK
Life of Christ (God's Great Covenant) - CHECK
Earth & Space (Christian Kids Explore) - CHECK
Story of the World:  The Middle Ages - CHECK

Woot!  Woot! Woot!
Don't tell the girls, but I am even more excited about summer break than they are.  No more late nights getting everything in order for the next day's lessons. No more weekends full of lesson planning.   No more making supplemental worksheets so that I can teach Sierra and Ally the same material in Bible, History and Science.  No more last minute trips to the library for inter-library loan materials about to expire.  (At least not until August when we will start this crazy home school business all over again.)


 I love having all their work organized into binders that we can admire for a while.  Sure, they take up way to much space and I will one day have to get rid of them...but for now they are proof of all our hard work.

 (This is what Sierra did to her "Friday Folder" the minute that she finished her last assignment for the year.)


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Haha! My boys burned their papers! :) I'm impressed with the separate binders! Not surprised that you're that organized :)
Congratulations on finishing! ENJOY your break!