During our wedding ceremony I remember thinking, "Really, Dad?! Onions?!?!?" He was talking about how love grows in layers like an onion. You may think it's good now, but then you add another layer and it just gets even better.* It's been 15 "layers" now - and I get it. And lest you think that I'm bashing my dad, I'm not. He gave us good advice on our wedding day that I haven't forgotten:
1. Put down roots.
(Establish some solid relationships/traditions with Christ as the center.)
2. Send out shoots.
(Invest in people/things outside of yourself...have a ministry.)
3. Keep having hoots!
(Make your marriage fun.)
And for your entertainment, I dug these gems out of the pre-marriage archives and sent them through the scanner:
Our DTR (define the relationship) Date:
Drive-in movie, borrowed truck, couch stolen from dorm lounge... awesome!
Santa Barbara:
Whenever we had enough money for gas, we used to drive to Santa Barbara and spend Saturdays at Ruby's Diner and on the beach.
Best Date Ever!
The night before I left for my semester in Israel, Marc planned an elaborate date on the beach. We had a private dinner served by friends and live saxophone music right on the shore.





No comments:
Post a Comment