Marc always saves up his "personal days" off from work for this time of year so that we can do something fun for my birthday. This year I suggested that we visit the Old State Penitentiary. At first he was a little skeptical of my idea - but we all had a fun time exploring this part of Idaho's (not so ancient!) history. The jail was shut down in 1973 after the prisoners rioted and burned several buildings. That's really not that long ago, eh? It felt like we had gone way back in time when we were inside the walls. The grounds are nicely kept and although it's kind of a morbid place, there are lots of interesting stories to read about. I highly recommend a visit - whether it's your birthday or not!
Ally was in character all day - she wouldn't smile for pictures.
Most common crime for women? Forging checks - and shopping sprees. Hmmmm.
Inside maximum security.
Can you even imagine?
The yard.
1 comment:
I've lived in Idaho for 25 years and haven't ever been there! Looks interesting!
Post a Comment