Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh my! Oh me! Look who's THREE!


Valerie had a bit of difficulty trying to figure out how to hold up three fingers...



...but she finally got it!


Friday, May 11th (the real day) started with donuts and a couple of presents.


Then we spent a couple of hour playing at Jabbers.
(Our first time and all three of the girls, plus Riley, LOVED it!)


We grabbed our first snow cones of the season before heading over to the park to let Valerie try out her new scooter.



We discovered that even three year olds can't afford to miss a nap!  She conked out on the couch while I made dinner that night.



Day 2 - The PRINCESS PARTY


Valerie and Annie (Susie's little girl) have back-to-back birthdays so we've combined the celebration for a couple of years now.  This one was a royal to-do!  Check out that cake.  Susie has a very creative friend who designed this one for us.



We had a perfectly gorgeous day for a party!  The kids always enjoy a good hunt, so we let them loose in the back yard to look for cut-outs of castles, wands, crowns, etc.




And then it was time for crafts....with lots of glitter and glitz!  (Where's Riley-boy?!)



I had to include this picture of how my darling little princess insisted on wearing her shoes...wrong feet and wrong toe slats.  Makes my back shiver....but she prefers it that way!


Then it was time for cake and presents!!!




I can't believe that my baby is THREE!  Now, it's time to plan another party for two more special little girls.  We're going with a VERY different theme for this one.  Come back in June to check it out.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

1. Happy 3rd Birthday Valerie!

2. Where's Riley's princess get-up?

3. Where did you get your drink dispenser? I feel like I need a 3rd (ha!) and I love the mason jar looking ones!

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Happy 3rd birthday, Valerie! We're planning one for this weekend ourselves - also princess-themed, but nothing near as unique and fancy as you. Super cute party and the birthday girl is a doll.