For the last several weeks, I have been living vicariously through my Dad. He and a group of 13 other men from our area churches went to Togo, West Africa, to help with the construction of a new ABWE hospital. This was a trip for strong, skilled men ... but, oh, how I wanted to go! I was glued to Facebook and to this blog each day that they were away. The regular updates were such a blessing to those of us who "stayed by the stuff" as Pastor Bill put it. Obviously, the pictures below are not mine, but I wanted to share a few snapshots of this incredible trip. (Credits to: Ethan Molsee, Kelly Munger, Kathy Gieb and others?)
The men worked hard to dig trenches, build cupboards/shelving, paint, put in electrical and phone wiring, organize building materials and repair vehicles/equipment.
Our church raised money to purchase study Bibles in French to distribute to national pastors who have no such resources.
Dad and his little MK buddy - he's always popular with the kids!
Several of the team members gave blood at the established hospital in southern Togo before returning home.
There was a wonderful crowd of people at the Boise airport to welcome the team home. After prayer, we broke out in song. "To God be the glory. Great things He hath done. So loved He the world that He gave us His Son. Who yielded his life an atonement for sin and opened the life gate that all may go in. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice!"
Last team picture in their matching shirts.
The Cook family - glad to have Dad/Grandpa home!







1 comment:
Thanks for sharing - I can't wait to hear more. It's a trip I hope to make some day - in my 8th grade yearbook my life goal was to be a missionary doctor in Africa. Well, obviously, that's not going to happen LOL, but I just know some day I want to get there.
Post a Comment