Thanks to my precious sister, Susie, I have some delightful pictures of my Mariachi wedding to share with you today, our fourteenth wedding anniversary.
I'm so glad that she "doctored up" these less-than-professional snapshots of our special day. They're priceless!
And now for a walk down memory lane...
This was our very first ever picture together at the end of my sophomore year at Master's. Marc had begun to stalk me and I had begun to notice. The week after this was taken Marc was on his way to Morocco and I to Brazil. So....we began to write letters.
Once we were back to school in the fall, we officially started dating. Santa Barbara was one of our favorite spots to visit on the weekends.
I had registered to attend IBEX (Israel Bible Extension) in the spring, so Marc sent me off with a fantastic date at the beach the night before I left. That's a saxophone-kazoo duet in the background there.
Marc was able to come to Israel for a visit over his spring break. Of course, my prof. and good family friend, Todd Bolen, enjoyed poking fun at us on a field trip to Tirzah by having him read a portion of Song of Songs 6 aloud to me in front of everyone.
And then it was back to CA for graduation!!!
On our way up to Idaho to work at Camp Maranatha for the summer, we made a detour into Yosemite. I didn't know that Marc had a ring for me and he hadn't planned to give it to me quite so early in the summer .... but, well, it just happened! And it was perfect.
One of our engagement pictures.
Wedding Day ~ May 23rd, 1998
The next six years were spent teaching in California and spending just about every free minute with our dear friends, Josh and Janella. This was a "Tacky Christmas Party" that we hosted for the college group at church. Classy, ain't we?!
We welcome Sierra Elise in June of 2004 and moved up to Idaho the next summer to be near family.
Ally Grace was born in Meridian, Idaho in 2006.
We had to take the girls back to Dodger Stadium while on a family vacation in 2007. Marc and I had been "regulars" in the bleacher section for the first 6 years we were married.
Valerie Joy completed our family in 2009.
We are so thankful to God for His many blessings toward us.
14 down .... 41 to go!


















3 comments:
Oh wow, I had no idea we have the EXACT same wedding date! I just posted my 14th anniversary post a few minutes ago LOL. Congrats - it looks like the wedding was beautiful and can I just say I LOVE your dress. Happy 14th Anniversary!!
Congratulations, Marc and Serena. I loved the trip down memory lane!
So cool!
Post a Comment