Sunday, May 13, 2012

For My Daughters

My precious little baby girls ~
The first time I saw you
I gazed in awestruck wonder
At your perfect frame so new.
Your little limbs, your sweet, soft skin,
And the beating of your heart
Were formed by God's perfect design.
You are HIS work of art!

My dear, trusting young daughters ~
Each day brings something new.
New words, new thoughts, new feelings,
Are being formed in you.
My greatest joy and calling
Is to guide you on your way.
Your simple faith amazes me.
God's grace is on display.

My courageous little ladies ~
You're more independent now.
You want to try things on your own
Which, of course, I must allow.
Along the way you'll meet success
And many times you'll fail.
But hold on to God's sovereign hand.
He will make you prevail.

My talented young beauties ~
Your gifts will be unique.
But no matter where your talents lie
I pray HIS fame you'll seek.
Use your art, your wit, your music
To enrich the lives of others.
But use them more than anything
To adore your Heavenly Father.

My virtuous sisters in the faith ~
Is what I pray you'll be.
That we may share God's gift of grace
Through all eternity.
I pray you'll love your husbands well
And train your little ones
To love, and serve, and pray, and give
Until our rest is won.

Through all the years God gives us here
Whether they be few or many.
And whether we may just scrape by
Or be supplied with plenty.
My soul's greatest satisfaction ~
More precious than any other ~
Is to know you are a child of God
And be entrusted as your MOTHER!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

AMEN! May we all be that clear in our focus! Thanks for being a God-loving, Word-teaching mother to three unique and beautiful girls.