Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life with Little Girls


Yes, the Squinkie craze hit our house this Christmas. Surprisingly, though, these itty-bitty toys haven't been all that popular with the older girls. Valerie, on the other hand, thinks that they make great chew toys. I was tickled PINK to find that in the one package that we bought there were three little characters who very much resemble some little girls whom I happen to love very, very much.

I don't, however, love this face. And I'm seeing it more and more these days. Ahhh! The terrible-two's are almost upon us.


As far as our regular days go, we've been ...

...having lots of manicures.

...taking lots of bubble baths.

... trying some Green Eggs and Ham!

...and playing plenty of girly make-believe.

And then there was the day when I heard Val-Val fussing in the living room and came in to find this scene:

She desperately wanted to ride in Polly Pocket's little blue beach cruiser. Try as she might, she couldn't even manage to push one foot into that danged car! She seriously tried to get herself in there for at least 5 minutes. After I grabbed the camera and took these pictures, I was able to convince her to be content sitting on Barbie's jeep and scooting her buns around the living room. We're gonna have some issues with this girl, folks!


2 comments:

Benjy, Susie, Savannah, Riley said...

Is she going to be worse than Ally when it comes to getting stuck in things?!

Amanda said...

Very cute! I love how the Squinkies really do resemble the girls. I'm also very thankful that so far we've avoided that craze ☺.