Sunday, February 13, 2011

5 Reasons Why I Like "Night Church"

1. Going to the evening service requires me to set apart a Lord's DAY rather than just a morning. I know myself. If there were no commitment to going back to church in the evening, my day would not be the same. As it is, I love having lunch out, settling everyone down for much needed afternoon naps, and then eating popcorn and playing games when the kids wake up.
2. The evening sermon is never watered down. I love getting the extra dose of teaching, encouragement and spiritual challenge. It's a good way to head into Monday morning.
3. Miss Julie provides a wonderful class for my kids in the evening. They love going...and I love that they love it. She has some very creative projects to send home at the end of her teaching units (even when the unit is about the judges of Israel!).
4. I love the family atmosphere at "night church." The crowd is smaller, the worship time is a little different and there is lots of time to talk afterwards since no one is scrambling to get to Sunday school.
5. There are lots of "EXTRAS" at night: special missionary reports, Dad's fire-side chats, communion, testimonies, cookie fellowship time, etc.
So - here I go. It's 5:20 on Sunday afternoon. Time for me to re-do the girls tangled hair and get back in the car. Sundays are good days!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

You hit it right on the head, Serena! A sixth reason is to sit on the front row with my family!