Saturday, March 6, 2010

No Greater Joy

This post at least a week overdue, but I just have to share it:

Last Thursday (Feb.25) sometime around 8:00a.m. Ally Grace asked Jesus to come into her heart and be her savior! I was in the middle of fixing her hair when she blurted out, ""I believe in Jesus." She has often said this to me so at first I didn't think too much of it. But, for some reason, in the middle of our mad morning rush to get Sierra to school, I decided to take a little more time and ask her what she believes about him. She told me that she believed that he died on the cross and was in heaven now. I'm sure I've done it before, but I explained again that if she really believed that then she should pray and tell God. Her next sentence took me completely off guard. "I want to do that right now." I almost dropped the comb. The ponytails could wait - this was it! Right there in the bathroom, I led her in a prayer. What a joy to hear her repeat those simple words of faith after me!

Fast forward to this Friday (March 5). We were in the bathroom again getting ready for the day. Ally says, "Mom, you pray after me this time." With a smile in my heart I agreed and put the comb down again. Line by line I followed her in this prayer:
"Dear God, please help me not to do bad sins. I want You to forgive me. I believe in You. And I really want to have a garden in the spring. Dear God, Amen."

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ah! That is so great! I love the story of how it happened! You'll never look at pigtails in her hair quite the same will you? :)

Megan said...

Goosebumps! How very exciting!

summer said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing that lovely story.