Monday, January 26, 2009

Random Bits of Information (and pictures)

This weekend, Marc and I discovered the Overland Park Cinemas. I guess we've been living under a rock. Anyway, last week sometime Chuck and Missy asked if the girls could spend the night at their apartment on Friday. We didn't hesitate with our reply. After dropping them off at Wendy's for dinner, Marc and I took off for a 7:00 showing of Australia. We both enjoyed the movie -just enough action to romance ratio! - and had a fun evening together. For a total of $8.00 we both saw the movie, shared a popcorn, had 2 Cokes and a bag of M&M's. A great budget date!

While we were there, I saw an ad for a great, kid-friendly activity. On Tuesday, February 3rd, they are showing Veggies Tales: Abe and the Amazing Promise. All you need for admission is one canned food item per person to be donated to the Boise Rescue Mission. The shows are at 10:00a.m. and 4:00p.m.. I plan to take the girls to the 10:00 showing. Please let me know if you would like to join us! You can get more information here - on their "Community Events" sidebar.

Right next to the theaters is one of my favorite spots for guilt-free treats: Golden Spoon. When we lived in California I single-handedly kept the local shops in business! (Well, I had plenty of help from Janella. :D) Within the last year or so, a new store opened in Boise. Monday nights are Family Nights with a BOGO Free offer on the small cups of frozen yogurt. I ate a coffee/peanut-butter swirl in honor of you, Janella. Here's Ally's review of the new yogurt chain:


"One golden spoon WAY up!"


In other news...we've still been getting several light dustings of snow down here in southern Idaho. Marc created this lovely masterpiece on Sunday morning. The girls thought it was cool!
We still don't have a name for baby girl #3. "Kate" won the little blog contest, but I'm not sure that it's going to stick. I really like it, but I have two girl cousins named Allison and Kaitlyn (sisters) so it might be a little too similar. What else goes with Sierra and Ally.....?


Sierra LOVES to color and draw these days. Here's what I found on the easel a couple of days ago. I love the detail on the ears!


Miss Savannah Jane has learned to crawl and is more fun than ever! She loves to come play with her cousins and really knows how to tell a story. Here are the three princesses at a recent tea-party. (Aren't we glad that we don't have to introduce a boy to this pink and purple mess?!)


I guess that's all the news for today. See you soon.

1 comment:

kathy said...

How about Tess or Tessa for your new baby's name? We just had a mom come in to the library with baby Tessa. Sounds cute!