Yesterday was just one of those good, good days! It started with spending the morning with Susie and Annie, doing a little Christmas shopping and sharing one of my favorite lunches at Baja Fresh - nachos with chicken and pinto beans. Annie is such a sweet little girl, always full of smiles. She cut her first tooth yesterday and made us all very proud. It was so fun to see three little girl cousins sitting in high-chairs around the table and giggling with each other as they munched on their food. Sierra and Ally love their cousin and it is becoming quite apparent that the feeling is mutual. Annie is almost 7 months old and very aware of the world - such a fun age!
In the afternoon Susie watched the girls while I went to my doctor visit. I was anxious about my blood pressure issues but things are under control for now and no new tests were required. The best part was that I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the very first time!!! I am already 15 weeks along and have had all the pregnancy symptoms (and then some!), but there is something about hearing that little thumpity-thump that makes it all so real. I waited until I was in the car driving home to tear up with excitement.
And as if all that wasn't enough, I had a wonderful date night with Marc in the evening. My brother works for Channel 7 and often has the chance to get free tickets for various events. This time he scored two tickets to the Jim Brickman concert at the Morrison Center. Chuck works in the evenings and Mom and Dad were busy with a pastor and wives meeting, so the tickets fell into my lap. Just so happens that I LOVE JIM BRICKMAN'S MUSIC!!!! (Romantic piano stuff for those who don't know.) It was a beautiful concert and Jim is actually quite funny. There were lots of laughs about everything from his first piano teacher to the way he flails his arms and left leg while playing his music. Aunt Missy took care of the girls so that Marc and I could enjoy this relaxing evening together. Thanks so much, Chuck and Missy! We had a great time.
There have been lots of other good days in the last week as well...like Thanksgiving and a couple of days at the cabin, but they will have to wait for a post until I retrieve my camera from under the seat in the car. Hopefully I'll have a couple of good snap-shots to download soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear that your BP has stabilized! So happy you got to hear the heartbeat, it is so special and makes all that 1st trimester yukkiness worth it :)
Post a Comment