Monday, August 31, 2009

Sierra Elise, Kindergartner

Well, folks, she did it! Thanks for praying for us. Her first day of school went very,very well. She was up and ready early and ANXIOUS to be on her way. My sweet sister, Susie, offered to come and watch the other two girls so that I could take Sierra to school without having to worry about them. It was a good thing. Sierra got a little overwhelmed when she saw all the kids on the playground, but she bravely marched into her classroom when it was time to line up. No tears. For Sierra, that is. I cried like a baby all the way to the car and all the way home. Again, it was a good thing that Susie was here. She's a good comforter.

My good friend, Kelly, brought her kids and some delicious blueberry muffins over in the morning to cheer me up as well. It was just what I needed! The time flew by and before I knew it it was time to go back to pick her up. Sierra had lots to say about her day: there are more boys than girls in her class, she was an excellent listener, there was one table group that didn't get any points, she knows the sign for "bathroom", she sat on the carpet 3 times and at her desk 4 times, they read "The Kissing Hand" and did a little craft, and she didn't make any friends yet. That will come, little girl.

Ready to go!

(This picture makes me sad.)

Proud mama.

Ponderosa Elementary

Lined up and ready to go inside.

School's out!

The welcome home gang!

Telling Grandpa and Grandma all about her first day.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yea! She made it! Thanks for letting us come over today! Carson had so much fun playing with Ally and I had fun visiting with you & Susie. Tomorrow will be a little easier but if you need to, come on over, we'll be here! :)

Andrea said...

What a doll! Cute pictures too :D

Carl, Melitsa & Aiden said...

Wow! What a huge step for all of you! Glad that she enjoyed it so much, but I can imagine just how you must have felt as her mommy!
These kids grow far too quickly :)