Friday, May 1, 2009

Great Expectations

It's crazy to think that THIS is the month when our third daughter will join the family. (PLEASE, Lord, don't make us wait until June!) It is very difficult to imagine what Miss Valerie Joy will be like since her two older sisters are such complete opposites... IN EVERY WAY!!! Take a look:
Sierra Elise (Fall 2004)

Ally Grace (Fall 2006)

Sierra was born by C-section in the middle of the night.
Ally was born naturally in the middle of the day.
Sierra is a blue-eyed, blond.
Ally is a brunette with very dark brown eyes.
Sierra loved her baby food, especially rice cereal.
Ally wouldn't touch that mushy stuff...straight to solids.
Sierra waited until after her first birthday to take her first steps.
Ally was practically running at 10 months.
Sierra loves fruit.
Ally prefers vegetables.
Sierra is an wimp when it comes to pain.
Ally doesn't flinch when she gets hurt.
Sierra loves the Disney princesses.
Ally loves Elmo and Cookie Monster.
Sierra is a people pleaser.
Ally is the world's biggest tease!
Sierra is scared to try new things.
Ally is a dare-devil and will soon be jumping out of airplanes with her Uncle Chuck.
Sierra's favorite colors are pink and purple.
Ally's favorite colors are blue and yellow.
Sierra can sit still and watch a full length video without blinking.
Ally quickly gets bored with the TV.
Sierra has a very sensitive spirit.
Ally likes to push the limits.
And I could go on and on!
We are so anxious to meet our new little girl and to discover her looks and quirks. Please pray with us for a safe and timely delivery. Everything is ready here at home...clothes are washed, the crib made, the car seat is ready to be installed, etc. As much as I would like to be relieved of this "load" that I am carrying, we really would prefer to meet Valerie closer to her due date of May 27th. Sierra's kindergarten open house is May 22nd, Marc will be done with his school year on the 23rd and Mom and Dad will return from a quick trip to Israel on the 24th. After that, our summer calendar is pretty much wide open!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great list! And I can relate! :) I had no idea what Graham would be like seeing that Garrett & Carson are so different. But he's just Graham. I can't wait to meet Valerie! I know you don't want her to come until your mom is here so I will be praying for you!

summer said...

I loved this post too! Funny how that works...I see the same scenario in our family and the interesting thing is our 3rd is a real mix of both!

Megan said...

I am excited for Serena. I will pray that things go well with the delivery and arrival of Valerie. I enjoy reading the differences in your girls. I do an observation study of kids and families and am convinced that the second child tends to be the more stubborn, active and adventurous one.