Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday(S)!!!

It feels like this whole week has been a party. It all started with a fun family celebration for my birthday last weekend. Everyone gathered at our place on Saturday evening ... and I didn't have to do any of the work! After a delicious steak dinner on the grill, Mom served Pave - my favorite Brazilian dessert! Unfortunately, I'm usually the one behind the camera and I don't have any pictures of the event. It was a great family time complete with balloons, cards, candles and gifts!

On Friday, my dear friends Shawna and Julie surprised me with a little party during our Mom2Mom playgroup time. They prepared a delicious lunch and spoiled me with more gifts. Thanks so much, girls! It has been such a blessing to get together each week.

Today (my actual birthday) started off with cards and gifts from Marc and the girls. Then, we headed over to the Beck's for Savannah's first birthday party. (Can it possibly be a whole year already?!?!) Susie did a fantastic job of decorating, cooking and planning games with a luau theme. There were lots of people there to help celebrate Annie's first year of life...Cooks, Becks, Obenchains, Codrs, and Perrys. Annie was the life of the party in her little grass skirt! The kids played a couple of games before we devoured the meat/veggie kabobs, Hawaiian rice, and colorful fruit platters. So yummy!

Playing pin the fishie on the ocean.

Searching for sea shells in the Beck's front yard.

Annie thoroughly enjoyed demolishing her cupcake.

Sharing an otter-pop with Grand-Pop.

Opening gifts!

I must say, however, that the highlight of the day was Annie's last birthday gift. It was a t-shirt from Benjy and Susie that said, "I'm the BIG SISTER."
HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!? Baby Beck #2 is due on December 2nd. WAHOOO!!!

4 comments:

summer said...

That's too cool! What a great way to share that with everyone! I remember finding out each year about that time when my baby would turn 1 that baby #2, then 3 was on the way.

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Happy Mother's Day!

Stimacs said...

I hear that December 2nd is a great day to have a baby! I'm glad that you had a great birthday. Happy Mother's Day.
Love you! Janella

Megan said...

WHAT!!! Oh my word. I am so happy for the Becks. I will need to see them soon to congratulate them. Also, congrats to you and the arrival of your very cute little girl. I hope you and her can come home soon!

Francisco Luz said...

Love to keep up on the news!! And so happy for Susy and Benjy. I am praying for you in these last couple weeks as you wait. Marcy