If...
monotony tries me and I cannot stand drudgery;
if stupid people fret me and little ruffles set me on edge;
if I make much of the little trifles of life,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If...
souls can suffer alongside, and I hardly know it,
because the spirit of discernment is not in me,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If...
the praise of man elates me and his blame depresses me;
if I cannot rest under misunderstanding without defending myself;
if I love to be loved more than to love,
to be served more than to serve,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If...
the moment I am conscious of the shadow of self crossing my threshold,
I do not shut the door,
and in the power of Him who works in us to will and to do,
keep that door shut,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If...
I covet any place on earth but the dust at the foot of the cross,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
~ Amy Carmichael
These are just some excerpts from a little booklet that I have by Amy Carmichael, missionary to India. I hope that you are keenly aware of the depth of Calvary love this weekend!
1 comment:
Powerful words! Thanks Serena!
Post a Comment