Marc took the day off from work so that we could get a couple of things done. First of all, we took Sierra over to Ponderosa Elementary School and REGISTERED HER FOR KINDERGARTEN!!!! Crazy. Our first-born in starting school in the fall. I wish that I had taken my camera, but I forgot. She did a fabulous job on all the skills "testing" and we were so proud of her.
After lunch, I popped in for a quick check-up with Dr. Armstrong. Little Miss Valerie seems to be getting along quite well, but I am getting very uncomfortable. The next 5 weeks just cannot go by quickly enough in my opinion.
When we got home, the girls helped Marc wash the car while I made dinner. They were soaking wet and chilled to the bone by the time they were done....but laughing so hard.
That night we had a family slumber party in the living room. The girls love it when we pull out the sleeping bags, watch a movie together and sleep in a big heap on the living room floor.
Saturday:
Most of Saturday was spent at home doing various chores. We took a bike ride over to McDonald's for lunch and then we all took good long naps. That evening, we had a yummy dinner at Chuck and Missy's apartment and then walked over to Ann Morrison Park to feed the ducks and play on the playground. Grandma and Grandpa were there too!

Sunday:
We had a normal (good!) Sunday morning at church, but the evening service was dedicated to the AWANA awards ceremony. Ally was able to join Sierra and her other Cubbie friends on the stage for a song and some recognition, even though she isn't technically a Cubbie yet. We were again so proud of Sierra for all the work that she put into memorizing her verses and finishing her workbook this year!

Okay, this last picture was actually taken on Thursday...but I just had to add it. Savannah Jane is the funniest almost-one-year-old that you'll ever meet. Here she is showing off her bronc-riding skills. You go girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment