Monday, June 30, 2008

Comment Contest

Okay...maybe it's no big deal, but I LOVE getting comments when I post something on this silly blog. Is it just me?!? My pulse races when I see that I have a response to one of my entries. Nine times out of ten it's my friend Kelly who got me started on this whole thing in the first place. (Thanks, Kelly!) I know that several of you out there read on a regular basis, so I've decided to give you all a little motivation to leave me a comment. I found some nifty mini-accordion photo albums and some really cute scrapbooking paper at Big Lots this weekend. (I love the deals I find at that store!!!) Anyway....they would make a great, EASY craft project! If you leave a comment to this post, I will put your name in a drawing for this incredible prize! :) I don't want to embarrass myself (too late!) so I'll give you all plenty of time. And, yes, I will mail the items all the way to California, Texas, Brazil, China, Israel or Madeira Island if that's what it takes!

Since it's already July 1st in China, I wanted to wish my sweet friend Janella Stimac a very happy birthday!!!! I have spent a good portion of the evening looking through old photos to find one of her to post here. Just looking through the photos brought back so many fantastic memories of our times together...Sequence/Yahtzee games nights with our hubbies, kayaking excursions, croquet at every park in the entire Santa Clarita Valley, Saturday morning breakfasts at the Way Station, nickel slots in Vegas, frequent trips to Golden Spoon for frozen yogurt, pedicures, road trip to Zion/Bryce and the Grand Canyon, etc. Best of all, was having our babies just 7 weeks apart and getting to experience that first year of motherhood together. For six years we were blessed to have some very dear and godly friends to laugh with and learn from. We miss you both! Hope you have a fun birthday, Janella!!! Thanks for your faithful friendship and your excellent testimony.



Janella and Carter at the L.A. Zoo in 2005.

4 comments:

Carl, Melitsa & Aiden said...

I'll post :) I check your blog often. We have a link from ours! Oh, and no it is not just you, I love getting comments too! I think that is part of the fun with keeping a blog ;)
I enjoyed your last post with the girls b-day party. Looks like everyone had a great time... but I bet you were caked out by the end of the week ;)

Kelly said...

You know I'm here but there's no reason to stop commenting now right? :)

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

OK I think I finally figured out how to write a comment. I can do a blog but haven't figured out how to sign in for leaving comments. I am on your blog every day checking to see if you have posted anything new! It's been fun seeing your pictures and hearing about your days. Plus it allows me to show Lillie your girls! Thanks for being a faithful reader on my blog as well! :)

Susie said...

It's not too late to enter the contest?! There's nothing like free stuff to get me motivated! And just so everybody knows, that was the best princess party I've ever been to.