The last several months have been full of anticipation (of both the good and bad variety) which culminated last Sunday evening in the preaching of Marc's very first sermon! He chose Colossians 3:1-4 as his text of Scripture and did a fantastic job of both explaining and applying the words of Paul regarding setting our mind on heavenly things. As I listened to him, I was so thankful to God for using his mouth to speak such truths.
"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."
My parents are in Brazil for a good chunk of this month, so several deacons are filling in for Dad on the preaching schedule. As we were driving to church that evening there was a freak hail and lightning storm. Marc cringed and looked at me. "Maybe God is trying to tell us something. I don't think that I should be preaching tonight." I replied, "Or else Satan is trying to keep you from saying what you have planned to say."
If you are interested, you can listen to it here...just click on "A Heavenly Mindset."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Unfortunately we were home with a sick Elinor that night. I thought about that too, that we'd miss Marc's message. Will catch it online, though.
Please tell Marc thank you for all the hard work he put into his sermon. I'm going to have to listen to it online some time as I wasn't able to sit through the whole thing.
Two things - :)
1. Tell Marc thank you for his preparation! I know a lot of work went into it!
2. Thanks for posting the link since we weren't able to be there. Mike said he did a great job!
Post a Comment