Marc went back to work today. (Boo-hoo.)
It doesn't seem real that summer vacation is already over. It's been a good one! We decided that we needed to make one more trip to the cabin last week so that the girls could enjoy some more time in the river. The water has been too high to be safe for swimming until just recently. This time it was PERFECT! With their life jackets, Sierra and Ally can go just about anywhere without causing this poor Mama to go into a panic. I love that they are getting older and more independent. I was able to take book out to the beach and actually get some reading done while they played. (I did get all the way in the water several times as well!) And Valerie had a great shallow area with plenty of sand to play in. We spent lots of time outside kayaking, floating, hiking, digging, swinging, sliding, eating and playing games. Oh! And as I briefly mentioned before, we had some good friends join us for the last day. The kids had a blast together while the grown ups got to talk, play games, pick berries and stay up late for a good movie. It was a great finale to the summer....but I may just have to plan another short get away. I'm already aching to get back to more of this:












3 comments:
I can't believe that summer is almost over! Maybe this weekend you should sneak away to the cabin again to enjoy the last few days of warmth and fun.
Glad that you were able to have that time away to relax and enjoy. Such a blessing!
Haha, just reread my comment after posting. Didn't mean to make it sound like there would be no "fun" after summer. Just meant that you should go enjoy some more time up at the cabin ☺.
It looks like a wonderful way to end summer! I love those flower pictures of Valerie. :)
Post a Comment