Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ballerina Girl


Yes, I do have the lyrics to the Lionel Richie song running through my head. HOW OLD AM I?!?!


Anyway....a few weeks ago, Missy told me about a Groupon deal for one month of classes at Dance Arts Academy. (For Ally...not for me, don't worry!) It sounded like a lot of fun, but I didn't want to get suckered into paying for any "extras" so I almost didn't give it a second thought. Then, I remembered that a couple of years ago we had picked up a little dance outfit at a second-hand store for Sierra to play around in. I dug it out of hiding and it fit Ally perfectly! The next obstacle was shoes. (Do you know what they charge for ballet slippers and tap shoes?! Ridiculous!!!) But then the thought crossed my mind that little miss Sophie B. might just have some shoes to lend us from her previous lessons. I called Julie up and PRESTO! - another perfect fit. Now all I had to do was convince Marc that the lessons were a good idea. Both of us have wanted the girls to take gymnastics lessons, but the budget has always been a little too tight. Although ballet and gymnastics are not quite the same thing, he agreed to go ahead and get Ally signed up. She had a total of 5 lessons and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I can't tell you how many times I have answered the question, "Mom, how many more days until my ballet class?" in the last month. After her 45 minute tap and ballet "work out" we would stop by Emerald City Smoothie for a BOGO Free treat before heading home. It was a great experience for both of us! Lots of fun memories and definitely twenty bucks well spent!!!

This video cracks me up! I wish that you could see how far some of the girls' tongues stick out as they try to follow the teacher's instructions. Poor Ally got so confused about where her "dot" was on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up, Missy!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so cool! Groupon is so great! I'm glad she had fun!

Benjy, Susie, Savannah, Riley said...

She looks so old in the picture with the after-class treat!! Yikes!