Thursday, September 16, 2010

Learning Disabled

I have never thought about myself in this way before, but
I am seriously learning disabled!
(Spiritually speaking, that is.) At various times in my life I have suffered from all of the following:
  1. Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder: God has tried various means of revealing His character to me and I simply do not pay attention to Him.
  2. Spiritual Hyperactivity: I try to DO all kinds of things for the Lord without seeking His purposes and relying on His strength.
  3. Spiritual Dyslexia: I get things completely backwards and start to think that I am in control and God doesn't know what He's doing.
  4. Vision Impairment: My focus becomes so self-centered that I can't see God's plan unfolding in the lives of people around me and across the globe.
  5. Hearing Impairment: I forsake my Bible reading and therefore cannot hear God's clear voice speaking to me.
These thoughts came from the introductory video to our new Bible study series at church. We are going through the Beth Moore study on the life of Paul. It's gonna be good! Today I was the only "young lady" there - everyone else was at least 25 years older than me. But you know what? That's okay. I have a lot to learn from the older ladies in my church. It's not that the other young moms in our church don't go to Bible study - it's just that I'm the only one who is going to the Thursday morning group this fall.

And speaking of disabilities ... this little girl is always telling me that she has "short term memory loss" these days. It's a great excuse for so many misbehaviors! (Methinks that perhaps she has been watching Finding Nemo a little too much lately!)

1 comment:

summer said...

Wow! Nicely put! I'm thinking that will be a great study!
Can I get an IEP to help me in my walk with God? :)