Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sand Dunes
Do you ever feel like you are constantly trying to climb a sand dune in life? You take one step forward and then sink almost right back to where you started. Well, that's kinda how I've been feeling lately. I barely have the dishwasher loaded from one meal and it's time to cook the next. I wash one load of laundry and by the time it's dry, I have another pile of dirty clothes. I clean up the playroom only to find crumbs all over the kitchen floor. I am weary of making "to do" lists because I am adding more items than I am crossing off. (Hence the pathetic lack of posts lately. Sorry. ) I'm not looking for advice or consolation....just a good verse or two to get my eyes focused back in the right place. What Scriptures motivate you to keep climbing?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I shared this one with another friend today - Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Be in today. All that stuff will be gone soon enough. There won't be too many dishes to do or loads of laundry to wash because those adorable girls of yours will be gone (and happily married to my boys) and you'll wish for these days again. It does get easier, I promise. But don't beat yourself up for not getting everything done to perfection all the time. The girls don't care about that. They care about the times you sit down to play Candyland with them again or dress up with them or build a fort with them or read them their favorite books. The rest will wait, but they won't. They grow up no matter how much we don't want them to! Be in today!
I'll be praying for you this week!
http://marybethwhalen.com/
Cindy my SinL just sent me this web site info and I started to copy and past a verse and some statements and there was just lots of encouragement I found in there so I thought I would pass it along to you. Read through scroll and know that I am praying for you....
the first mile is the hardest!
blessings,
Post a Comment