Today we visited the town of Emmett for the first time. It's just a half-hour drive from our house. The town is hosting its 75th annual Cherry Festival this week. We went early in the day so we missed most of the action...music, carnival rides, crowds, etc. It was nice just to walk around and visit the vendors and see the sights. On the way out of town we stopped at a beautiful little orchard and let the girls pick some cherries of their own to bring home. We ended up with 11 pounds in a half-hour! (And probably an equal amount in each belly.) As I type this post, the washer is busy removing cherry juice from the girl's little sun dresses. We all had a wonderful time and I'm sure that we will make this a tradition for our family from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like fun! Every year we talk about going and every year we just don't. Maybe next year. :)
That is so fun!! We have a few berry places out here too that I would to take Aiden too... although I fear he would come home way too messy! Looks like your little girls did great and I love their summer dresses :)
Post a Comment