Marc didn't have to babysit any kids in detention on Friday afternoon so he got home early and suggested that we head out to get our Christmas tree and grab some dinner before our AWANA staff Christmas party that evening. The girls had their shoes and coats on in record time! (Funny how that works.) We were able to agree on a tree rather quickly, got it home and in the stand....and still made it to the party on time!
After the party, we stayed up late to decorate. The girls kissed the lights as they untangled them and passed them to Marc. (Drama queens.)
Ally had fun dancing to Christmas music while wearing the tree skirt.
Marc put on the lights and I wrapped the ribbon around the tree, but the girls put up all the balls and ornaments. They did pretty well, I must admit. I love the fact that they are now old enough to help with the clean up too.
After all the decorations were up it was time for a slumber party! We watched a couple of Christmas cartoons before finally dropping off to sleep.
To top off a pretty awesome night...we woke up to the first snowfall on Saturday morning.
Pancakes and hot chocolate were on the breakfast menu.
The girls have an obnoxious little pink tree in their bedroom which they LOVE. It has been up for about a week already, but this is still the look on Valerie's face whenever the overhead lights are turned off. So precious.
4 comments:
We're getting our tree tomorrow! I can't wait! I can almost guarantee there won't be any kissing of the Christmas lights. :)
That last picture of Valerie is adorable!
Oops - edited to fix a few mistakes.
We've had our Christmas trees up for a while (per Mama's request, not the kids LOL). I just love the lights myself. Our kids each have a mini Christmas tree in their rooms too - the boys' have a blue one and the girls' have flocked ones that they can decorate however they'd like, and you aren't allowed to turn them off overnight without bitter complaining from Elle. Such a wonderful time of the year, and I love the tree "skirt" picture of Ally, and the slumber party idea was super cute. The snow was just amazing - LOVED it! I hope God forgives me for my pesky prayers for more of the white stuff LOL.
I love that picture of Valerie...so sweet!
So much fun when the kids can help out with decorating the tree. I'm going to miss that this year. We decided not to put our tree up this time around due to lack of space and the constant need of going after Dayson as he launches ornaments into the air from the branches. We do get to enjoy Kara's tree which Iyana helped decorate, so that helps make up for things.
And the snow...I honestly can't wait until we have more. So much fun!
Post a Comment