Friday, September 21, 2012

Homeschool Pictures

I have been having trouble uploading pictures to Blogspot lately, but I think that I have finally figured out a way to get back in business.  So - here are some random pictures of our first few weeks of school.
 
The first day: 
 
 
Our reward at the end of the first week of school was an early morning field trip to Ann Morrison Park to watch the hot air balloons lift off for the Spirit of Boise Classic.  (I love this tradition!) 
 
 
We are studying Earth and space for science this year.  The girls loved using play dough to make the Earth's layers - so much better than worksheets!
 
 
 
How do you like our snazzy school pajamas uniforms?!
(Ah, the joys of homeschooling!)
 
 
Back to school means back to piano lessons.  We didn't really plan to take a long break from those...but our summer just got way too busy.  I was afraid that the girls would have fallen behind, but they seem to picking up the pace quite nicely from where we left off.  It helps to have Grandma as their teacher!
 
 
 
And if you're wondering what Valerie does while we work on our lessons - you should check out my sister's blog.  I love her for it!
 

2 comments:

Benjy, Susie, Savannah, Riley said...

Yay, Sierra's real smile is back!!

The Merry Band of Fife said...

I had the same problem with pictures - I finally ended up uploading them into Picasa, which seems to work. Anyhow, your girls are so precious and I admire your work with them.