I will be the first to admit that I was not completely thrilled to have Marc spend his Christmas bonus on an iPad. Sure, it sounded fun...but completely unnecessary. I didn't want another electronic gadget causing quarrels among the girls, tempting me to waste time on the internet, sucking away hours of precious life, etc. Now I will be the first to tell you what a blessing that little machine has been around here. It has redeemed HOURS of mundane activity for me...while getting ready in the morning, while folding laundry, while cooking meals, while mopping the floors and so on. These days, I can't wait to have a mundane mommy task to do! That's because I know that I will get 10 minutes of good teaching from the likes of John Piper, Steven Cole, Timothy Keller, Francis Chan, etc. Over the course of a day I can easily listen to at least one whole sermon. That's time and money well spent spent, don't you think?!
(Words with Friends is pretty fun too!)
PS. Thanks to any of you who prayed for little Kirstin. She was released from the hospital this week and is isolated at home, still taking oral antibiotics. I wanted to give you an update from her mom and grandma:
Andrea wrote ... Today we went for our final Dr. visit for now....in a few months we will be meeting with the neurosurgeon and an ear specialist. We are encouraged as Kirstin's blood work looked good. A few days ago she started rolling over again, yesterday she sat up, today she wanted to crawl a bit on a bed etc. It is so exciting to see her regain her strength. She is a very sweet baby. The 3D pictures of her fracture are unbelievable...it is hard to believe all our baby has gone through but God is good.
Kirstin's Grandma wrote ... Little one year old Kirstin (at home) sat on her own yesterday, has already crawled a little, smiles often, is content and peaceful. Her personality is still not the same but we are so happy for her progress. Thank you Lord and thank you to all who have prayed and been part of her medical care. So many things for which to be grateful!!!!
1 comment:
Praise the Lord for His wonderful healing hands! Thank you for the update on little Kirstin. She's been in my thoughts and prayers this past week and I was wondering how she was.
I'd say the iPad has been time well spent. To be taking in God's word while getting housework done is a win-win situation. If I could do the same while keeping Dayson in one place...ahh, the things that could be accomplished around here. Maybe some day down the road ☺.
Post a Comment