We kicked off our week-long Thanksgiving break with two days at the cabin. From the minute we got there - which was LATE on Sunday night - Valerie started doing the happy dance. Tradition dictates that we must do certain things while at the cabin, so we popped some corn and watched "the sillies" (Funniest Home Videos) before collapsing into bed that night.
Tradition number 2 is eating Grandpa's pancakes for breakfast.
Then there's the trip to town in Grandpa's truck.
Next, in a traditional cabin day comes pizza making with Grandma. Valerie's creation was beautiful, but I had to scoop up a whole dustpan full of flour off of the floor by the time she was done.
The rest of our time was filled with coloring, games, fort building, puzzles, books and movies.
Oh! And the girls made their first two snowmen of the season. It was getting dark by the time they finished it, so I don't have any good pictures of the final product.
Unfortunately, I also don't have pictures of: early morning story time on Grandpa's lap, sledding down Thunderbolt Road with Grandma, the 7 mule deer that walked right in front of our dining room window, or my three sleeping beauties all snuggled under down comforters for a winter nap. But, I'm sure that you get the picture...
One night while we were all up in the loft for a movie, Valerie turned to Grandpa and blurted out, "You best my friend." Her syntax may be a little off, but I love the sentiment that even a two year old can express. And I am so very, very thankful for the wonderful memories that the girls will have of this happy place.
1 comment:
Ditto - a thousand times over!
Post a Comment