Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break Stay-cation

All good things must come to an end. I just prayed with a sobbing six-year-old because she doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow morning. (And I'm a little afraid that Marc might start crying any minute now too!) We had a good week of spring break together as a family. Here's a quick re-cap. Monday: First ever visit to the state capitol building! It was fun to see members of congress in session, to peek into the governor's office and to walk around the beautiful marble staircases and hallways. That night, the girls had Sierra's good friend from school come for a sleep-over. It was a late, giggle-filled night! Tuesday: We spent the morning and had lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Obenchain. Even though we live so close, days like this are few and far between. It was special for all of us. In the evening, we celebrated Chuck's 30th birthday with the family.
Wednesday-Friday: It seems like we may be starting a Mouser family tradition. We discovered Oxford Suites in Boise last year and decided to visit "our hotel" again this year. The girls spent hours (and hours, and hours, and hours!) swimming in the pool. All three of them are little fish. We also enjoyed watching Tangled on the laptop. There's nothing like eating microwave popcorn out of hotel mugs!



Now, it's back to reality... just two more months until summer break!


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am SO not ready to go back to the normal stuff today. :(

Bec said...

Oh good. I was going to ask you how your Spring Break went and if you did all the things on your idea list. Looks like fun stuff!

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It's so nice to be able to be with family.
I'm so glad that Dayson did so well for you in the nursery. Sorry for the "present" that he left for you, but at least he was in a good mood ☺.

summer said...

HURRAY! what a fun tradition! David and I used to do that when it was just the two of us, stay @ a local hotel. We should do it w/our boys! They had somuch fun in Helena when we had a hotel there. I forget how exciting that is for kids!
Oh and your girls are getting so grown up!