(*** Hi Thursday morning ladies! If you're visiting for the first time and looking for some spiritual exhortation, skip this post and watch the video on the next one. :) I'm not always very spiritual on my blog. Sometimes I just get down to the nitty-gritty. Thanks for the advertising, Mom.)
Yesterday I had the lovely task of trying to clean out our air ducts. I made a couple of calls in the morning and realized that it would cost quite a bit of money to have it done professionally, so I decided to tackle the job myself. (We have lived in this house for a little over 4 years and I have only attempted this job one other time.) I usually just remove the vent covers and reach as far as I can with my regular vacuum attachments. Cobwebs, dust and other small particles are about the only things I find within one arm's reach. But not so yesterday. Oh no! We have one vent near our back sliding glass door that is covered with a wooden grate. I must have skipped it last time, but yesterday I pried it up with an old fork. Here was my first view:
(EW! So gross that I had to run and get the camera so that Marc would believe me.)
I kid you not, here is what I found inside the vent after sucking out the cobwebs:
* 5 dimes
* 3 nickels
*14 (fourteen!!!) pennies
(Grand Total:$2.04)
* several plastic play money coins in various colors and denominations
*2 wallet size family photos (not our family!)
*one hair band
* one dry pinto bean
* one Mr. Incredible sticker
* several paper hole-punch circles
* one nail file
* one Big Bird trading card
* one math flash-card (#5 to be exact)
* one paper clip
* two rubber bands
* one blue bead necklace
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! So....I'm asking you: Have you ever paid to have your air ducts cleaned professionally? Was it worth the money? Do you recommend any particular company? HELP!!!
5 comments:
I wish I hadn't seen that first picture! I can hardly breath the air here at home just thinking about it - we had 2 dogs in here with us for 6 years!!
Sorry, Serena, for advertising your blog at Bible study today. . .I won't do it again until next time. We could draw our own spiritual applications for this one.
Hadn't thought about the spiritual applications, Mom! There's a WEALTH there. I may have to do a follow-up post. :) I don't mind the advertising at all.
$2.04? That's a dinner date with Marc at Costco! This coming from BJ ☺.
Seeing this makes me thankful that our airducts are up in the ceiling instead of on the floor. One less thing to worry about!
EW! That's so gross! But the end result is hilarious! I wonder if having ours professionally cleaned would help Graham's asthma at all.
Amanda's comment made me laugh! :)
Post a Comment