Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where were you 12 years ago?


I was in Montana ... on my honeymoon.


Showing off my new piece of jewelry in our little cabin in Stanley, ID on the day after our wedding.

Entering "Big Sky Country" after many hours in the car.

Yes, we were real honeymoon nerds with matching Glacier National Park t-shirts.

The view of Lake McDonald from our hotel room.
(The guy in front isn't too bad either!)

At the outlet of Avalanche Lake.


As I was sitting in church on Sunday morning (May 23rd), I was thinking about how cool it was that exactly twelve years before Marc and I were saying our vows to each other in that very building. Then, a dear lady at church began playing the offertory. I smiled to myself at God's timing. She was playing Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us, which "just happens" to be Marc's favorite hymn and one of the congregational songs that we chose for our wedding ceremony. I love how God arranges the details of our life - like the choice of music on a particular Sunday morning - to remind us of His sovereignty and to draw our attention back to Him.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary!! Thanks for sharing those pictures, very precious. I love looking back and enjoying the memories.

toni said...

Happy Anniversary! You two still look like kids :D

Twelve years ago, Amy and Holly would have been 4 and 3...we were going to Cole Community Church then. Wow, that went fast!