Monday, January 11, 2010

Pancake Girl

Sunday night dinners are always interesting at our house! We usually have big bowl of popcorn (Whirley-Pop, of course!) and some Coke after naps and before going to the evening service at church. By the time we get home it's almost 8 o'clock. So we'll usually have a sandwich, or a bowl of cereal, or left-overs or occasionally we'll grab a $5 pizza at Little Caesar's on the way home. Well - yesterday was unique. After I tucked a tired little Valerie into her crib, I came out to find Marc and Ally in the kitchen....MAKING PANCAKES!!! They really hit the spot and I wouldn't be surprised if they become a Sunday night tradition in our family. Only thing is, I hate sending kids to bed smelling like syrup. Ick.

Tired Valerie. Sundays really wear this poor kid out!

Marc and Ally (poser!) in the kitchen.

I love the look of concentration as she flips them off the griddle.
(By the way, this girl can put down a pancake or two....or five or six!)


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pictures!
We're all for easy on Sunday nights too. It's usually kliven :) for us but lately we've been doing eggs and toast. My friend Ambre's family always has oatmeal on Sunday nights. What's the deal with breakfast for dinner on Sundays?

Unknown said...

valerie is getting to big! in that pic she looks a lot like ally. miss you!

raquel