Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pick-a-Pick-a-Pumpkin





We couldn't wait. The weather was perfect on Friday afternoon and Marc got off from work early after his in-service. So.... we headed over to Linder Farms for a couple of hours. The place was pretty empty. The girls had a great time in the bounce house, on the cow train, at the petting zoo, in the kiddie hay maze and on the hay ride through the pumpkin patch. This is one of my favorite fall activities, so I have a feeling we'll be going back before the month is over. We came home with a whole family of pumpkins and plenty of itchy-scratchy arms from tugging on the vines. For the rest of the month, my girls will be quoting this poem:
Pick-a-pick-a-pumpkin from a pile.
You can give it eyes and a great big smile.
Pick-a-pick-a-pumpkin, round and clean.
Then you'll be ready for HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun! There are so many great pumpkin patches in Oregon & I miss going to our favorite one but that one looks like it's gotten better over the years. Maybe I can talk Mike into taking the kids out there this week while he's home. :)

I like the picture of Ally with her pumpkin. :)

Massimo and Susanna said...

Hey! Your girls are getting soooo big!!! Can't believe it's that time of year already. Yes, Sandro should have a little sister in about 2 months. She's welcome by me to come a little early, but her daddy wants her to come a week late so he can get through finals. :) Did you get our prayer letter?

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Serena.. How fun for the girls. We want to take Kinsley and Cooper to Lombardi Ranch, but we haven't done it yet. Your girls are gorgeous and I will hopefully see them in person sometime. Oh and I heard that you guys got a little bit of snow. Kind of early huh? Send some of that cold weather down our way!